Extra ordinary Meeting 30th July 2020
BRIZLINCOTE PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF EXTRA ORDINARY MEETING
THURSDAY 30TH JULY 2020, 6PM
Public Session: – Residents are cordially invited to join the meeting hosted by the platform Zoom. The parish council will meet virtually via zoom (this is a different code as permitted in The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (coronavirus)(Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings)(England and Wales) Regulations2020 (“the 2020 Regulations”)
You are hereby summoned to attend an extra ordinary meeting scheduled for Thursday, 30th July, 2020, commencing, 6.00 p.m. Below is the business to be transacted.
Cllr L Campion, Chair, Brizlincote Parish Council
AGENDA ITEM 1 – Apologies
AGENDA ITEM 2 – To receive internal auditor report
AGENDA ITEM 3 – To complete the Annual Governance Statement for 2019/20
AGENDA ITEM 4 – To complete the end of year Accounting Statements for 2019/20
AGENDA ITEM 5 – To approve the Certificate of Exemption
AGENDA ITEM 6 – To consider adopting draft Financial regulations
AGENDA ITEM 7 – To consider adopting the draft Expenses policy
AGENDA ITEM 8 – Risk management review
MINUTES OF THE EXTRA ORDINARY MEETING FOR BRIZLINCOTE PARISH COUNCIL
THURSDAY 30TH JULY 2020, 6PM
VIA THE PLATFORM ZOOM
PRESENT: Cllrs L Campion (Chair), A Cowan (Vice Chair), W Qneibi, S Moss,
R Ludford-Brooks, R Page, P Marston, K Hyde, B Bidgood
IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs K Lear, Locum Clerk/Proper Officer
Resolved: that apologies and reasons absence were accepted for
Cllrs B Judd and B Marsden
2/8 INTERNAL AUDITOR REPORT
Resolved: that the report was accepted by members. No matters of concern were raised by the internal auditor.
3/8 ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT for 2019/20
Members approved the following:-
- Prepared is accounting statements in accordance with the Accounts and Audit Regulations
- Made proper arrangements and accepted responsibility for safeguarding the public money and resources in its charge
- Has only done what it has the legal power to do and has complied with Proper Practices in doing so
- During the year gave all persons interested the opportunity to inspect and ask questions about this authoritys accounts
- Considered and documented the financial and other risks it faces and dealt with them properly
- Arranged for a competent person, independent of the financial controls and procedures, to give an objective view on whether internal controls meet the needs of this smaller authority
- Responded to matters brought to its attention by internal and external audit
- Disclosed everything it should have about its business activity during the year including events taking place after the year end if relevant
Resolved: that the Annual Governance Statement is approved and be signed by the Chair and Locum Responsible Financial Officer.
4/8 ACCOUNTING STATEMENTS 2019/20
Resolved: that the Accounting Statements be approved, and be signed by the Chair and Locum Responsible Financial Officer
Fixed assets were noted as £2200 (clerk to establish ownership of the defibrillator)
Ear Marked Reserves were also agreed, £46000 :-
Future speed humps £9000
Additional repairs/Nature Walk £7000
Business continguency £5000
Community Grants £5000
Community Hub £20000
Bank reconciliation – 31st March 2020 – £52947
5/8 CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
Resolved: that the certificate of exemption was approved and be signed by the Chair and Locum Responsible Financial Officer
6/8 DRAFT FINANCIAL REGULATIONS
It was noted that some sections may not be appropriate at this moment in time.
Resolved: that members would look at the document and submit comments prior to the next available meeting, so that following amendments the policy will be adopted.
7/8 DRAFT EXPENSES POLICY
It was noted that section 5 would be removed
Resolved: that the policy be adopted with immediate effect subject to the changes proposed.
8/8 ANNUAL RISK MANAGEMENT REVIEW
It was noted that data back up systems could be explored as part of the authorities continuous improvements
Resolved: that the risk management review be adopted.
The Chair thanked everyone for attending.
Next meeting : 20th August 2020
MRS L CAMPION
CHAIR – BRIZLINCOTE PARISH COUNCIL